Please read this article very carefully before preparing a hike, and improper outfit may result in the dangerous situation. You have to be well prepared before doing high mountains hiking in Taiwan and there is the list of the necessary and suggested stuff for the hike.
- Rain jacket and rain pants (super important)
- Pack(30L or more) and its rain cover
- Headlight and extra batteries (must bring)
- Trekking pole (not necessary but helpful, and rental fee is TWD250/pole, trip)
If you don't want to bring or buy so many big stuff for the hike, you can also rent from us before the trip. Please drop us a message if you want to rent it.
- Backpack: TWD400/trip
- Headlight with battery: TWD250/trip
- Trekking Pole: TWD250/trip-pole
- Good poncho: TWD200/trip
- Combo of the four above: TWD900/trip
- Hiking shoes: please wear suitable shoes for hiking as follows:
If your hiking boot is seldom used and it has been more than 8 months since you wore it last time, we don't recommend you to use it because shoe sole might get broken very easily, and please see the picture as below.
- Socks and a spare pair of socks
To avoid scraps and scratch while walking, make sure your socks is longer than shoes.
- Check how cold it is for Mt. Snow
- Wicking (dry-fit) T-shirt and one spare
- Dry-fit hiking long pants and one spare (DO NOT wear jeans)
- Wicking underwears and one spare
- Insulated fleece or warm hoodies (must)
- Wind jacket or windbreaker (must)
- Beanie or warm hat (must)
- Rain Coat & rain pant (again! must) *
Please refer to the below picture for more hiking dress codes in different seasons & conditions.
*Points to Note:
- If your rain coat is waterproof and breathable, you can use it as a wind jacket.
- Summer in Taiwan usually is from June to September.
1. Water: at least 1.5 L
- At least 1.5 L (1500ml = 0.4 Gallon) water and keep the container for refill in the cabin (1.5 L bottled water or 2 bottled water in 800 ml is recommended, and we'll stop by the local shops to do food supplement on the Day 1 and can refill the bottle in 369 Cabin.)
2. 2 sets of lunch, example as follows:
- Fruit, like tomato, apple...
- Toast or bread
- Biscuit, cracker
- Energy bar or power gel
3. 2 Days of dessert and snacks for energy replenishment,
example as follows:
- Trail mix
4. Extra day supply of food (dessert or snacks) for emergency replenishment
Others Personal Stuff
- Passport (super important for check-in in trailhead)
- Beanie (warm hat)
- Personal medicine
- Several plastic bags used to make clothing or electronic device waterproof or carry personal trash
- Tissue paper/wet tissue paper
- Camera/cell phone
- Sunglasses/Sun cream and lip balm/Sun-shielding hat
- Gloves (Needed in winter)
- Warm pack (not necessary)
- Vacuum bottle (300~400ml)
*Point to know:
Eye Travel Taiwan will prepare sleeping bag, eating utensils, first aid kit, permits, breakfast, and dinner.
Download the Checklist
The necessary and suggested hiking stuff are summarized in the below checklist.